Living with depression is hard, and can be difficult to know what to do if you think your friend or loved one is suffering. There are solutions out there that can get you or someone know back on the path to wellness.
Treating Depression at Life Resolutions
Depression is an often-debilitating illness that can make it difficult to reach out and seek support, but it is important to remember that it can be treated with counselling, social support, and medication.
Mary Magalotti’s Advice on how to tell if a loved one is dealing with depression
- Depression is characterised by a period of consistently low mood lasting two or more weeks.
- Depression can be brought on by difficult life experiences, and these experiences need not be recent.
- Depression can be hereditary and having depression in the past increases the risk of it occurring again.
- Depression can make an individual withdraw socially and seem no longer interested in spending time with their friends or family members.
- Depression can cause someone to lose interest in activities they previously found enjoyable.
- Depression can bring on drug or alcohol abuse.
- Depression can cause someone to have trouble concentrating or struggle to form sentences.
What Can You Do to Help?
If you think someone you love is experiencing depression, let them know you care for them and want to see them well again. Gently urge them to seek professional help. Mental illness is hard to manage alone, and professional support is an important part of the recovery process.
Do Not Be Afraid to Seek Support with Life Resolutions.
If you or someone you love is struggling, know that support is available.Contact our Life Resolutions team today to book a telehealth or face-to-faceappointment, or visit our website for additional information.
Contact Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti Life Resolutions Today
If you would like to know more about the journey of our principal psychologist, Mary Magalotti and our CEO and Founder, Jodie Brenton, you can contact us here. You are also welcometo visit the Life Resolutions website to learn more about the services we offer and the careers of Jodie Brenton and Mary MagalottiatLife Resolutions.